2018 Peer Awards – Nominate a deserving colleague today!
CARIBBEAN PHARMACIST PRIMUS (CPP)
An award to honor Pharmacists who have had unique, transforming and enduring influence on the profession of Pharmacy in the Caribbean. Honorees will enjoy the right to use and be addressed by the honorary title Caribbean Pharmacist Primus (CPP) and have their names entered in the CAP Roll of Honour.
- 2017 – Yvonne Reid, Jamaica
- 2016 – Cheryl Ann Yearwood, Barbados
- 2015 – Lauren Lum Kin-Thomas, Trinidad & Tobago
- 2014 – Carl Bacchus, Guyana
- 2013 – Ellen Campbell-Grizzle, Jamaica
HONORARY LIFE MEMBER AWARD
To recognize outstanding and significant contributions in the field of pharmacy for the Caribbean, and to the Caribbean Association of Pharmacists (CAP) in particular.
- 2017 – Cheryl Ann Yearwood, Barbados
- 2016 – Larry Higgs, Bahamas
- 2015 – Dr. Peter Fontilus, Curacao
- 2014 – Norma Inniss, Trinidad & Tobago
- 2013 – Bassil Scantlebury, Barbados
CARIBBEAN PHARMACIST OF THE YEAR
An award for outstanding contribution to the Profession of Pharmacy and Caribbean Society.
2017 – Andrea Daly, Jamaica
2016 – Orrin Jolly, Dominica
2015 – Kalawattie Datt-Singh, Guyana
2014 – Ernestine Watson, Jamaica
2013 – Stephon Flowers, Bahamas
PEDRO ROBERTS FAIRPLAY AWARD
Award to a CAP member who has displayed conduct that conforms to the highest ethical and humanitarian standards.
- 2017 – Radcliffe Williams, Trinidad and Tobago
- 2016 – Livingston Paul Burnett, Jamaica
- 2015 – Sarah Piggott, Guyana
- 2014 – Shereen Dawkins, Jamaica
- 2013 – Larry Higgs, Bahamas
CARIBBEAN PHARMACY INNOVATOR’S AWARD
Award to an individual, organization or institution that has developed new concepts, ideas, products, techniques or institution that has benefited healthcare, Caribbean Pharmacy and the wider
- 2017 – University of Belize
- 2016 – Chrissy Tomlinson Hospital, Cayman Islands
- 2015 – Anisa Mohammed, Trinidad & Tobago
- 2014 – Bahamas National Drug Agency
- 2013 – Dahlia McDaniel, Jamaica
CARIBBEAN LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT IN PHARMACY AWARD
An Award that recognizes a Pharmacist whose career has significantly affected Pharmacy Health Care and Communities and who has practiced pharmacy for more than 25 years.
- 2017 – Carl Bacchus, Guyana
- 2016 – Janet Parris, Trinidad and Tobago
- 2015 – Densil Major, Bahamas
- 2014 – Vivienne Lockhart, Bahamas
- 2013 – Lauren LumKin-Thomas, Trinidad and Tobago
EXCELLENCE IN REGULATORY AFFAIRS AWARD
Award to two Pharmacy Inspectors/Regulators/Councils that have demonstrated outstanding dedication to high ethical standards and have carried out their duties in a manner that has benefited Pharmacy and the wider public.
- 2017 – Leonnie Wallace, Jamaica
- 2017 – Alfred Athill, Antigua and Barbuda
- 2016 – Doreen Bucknor, Anguilla
- 2016 – Pharmacy Council of Jamaica, Jamaica
PHARMACY PRACTICE PIONEER AWARDS
Award to three Pharmacists from the private sector or institutional pharmacy who emphasize the delivery of pharmaceutical care in their professional practice.
- 2017 – Mena Carto, Guyana
- 2017 – Mark Anthony Christie, Belize
- 2017 – Michelle Finlayson, Bahamas
CARIBBEAN PHARMACY YOUTH LEADERS AWARD
Award to a young pharmacist who has demonstrated leadership during their training and early years of professional life.
- 2017 – Amanda Doodnath, Guyana
- 2016 – Chargrega McPhee, Bahamas
- 2015 – Aliena Edun, Guyana
- 2014 – Onyx Flowers-Russell, Bahamas
- 2013 – Vashti Matmungal, Trinidad and Tobago
CARIBBEAN PHARMACY SPIRIT AWARD
An award to an individual or institution (within hospital pharmacy practice) for outstanding contribution in this area.
- 2017 – Darshanie Jaikaran, Guyana
- 2016 – Kwesi Browne, Trinidad and Tobago
- 2015 – Beverly Dass-Vilain, Trinidad and Tobago
- 2014 – Michelle Young-Brown, Jamaica
- 2013 – Ronela Boodoosingh, Trinidad and Tobago
CARIBBEAN PHARMACY SIGMA AWARD
Award to the Pharmacy that epitomizes the best of the pharmacy business culture; a centre of excellence that provides the setting, services and support for community in keeping with the high goals of pharmacy.
- 2017 – Grace Bay Pharmacy, Turks and Caicos Islands
- 2017 – Prime Health Pharmacy, Guyana
- 2016 – Island Pharmacy, Abaco Island, Bahamas
- 2016 – Hughenden Pharmacy, Jamaica
- 2015 – Family Pharmacy, Bahamas
- 2015 – Jolly’s Pharmacy, Dominica
CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY PHARMACIST OF DISTINCTION
Award to a Caribbean Community Pharmacist who in the opinion of his/her peers has served the community and provided the highest level of Pharmaceutical Care.
- 2017 – Satyawattie Chan-Abai, Guyana
- 2016 – Karishma Ann Marie Jeeboo, Guyana
- 2015 – Delton Bain, Bahamas
- 2014 – Carol Muschette, Jamaica
- 2013 – Doodnath Mohammed, Trinidad and Tobago
AFZAL ABDOOL SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD
Award to a person who in the opinion of the CAP Executive and Planning Committee has gone above and beyond their expectation. The individual should actively participate and contribute to the success of CAP by giving of themselves and resources without seeking compensation or recognition.
- 2017 – David & Stacey Pellow, Cayman Islands
- 2016 – Ashok Kumar, United Kingdom
- 2015 – Ramesh Heeraram, Trinidad and Tobago
- 2014 – Vivienne Watson, Jamaica
- 2013 – Lauren LumKin-Thomas, Trinidad and Tobago
CARIBBEAN DISTINGUISHED PHARMACY RESEARCHER AWARD
Award to an individual, organization or institution that engages in pharmacy research and encourages the development and effective use of pharmacy research among practicing pharmacists.
- 2017 – Tricia Gaye Kennedy-Dixon, Jamaica
- 2016 – Sangre Grande Hospital, Trinidad and Tobago
- 2015 – Dr. Diane Ignacio, Trinidad and Tobago
- 2014 – Rian Extavour, Trinidad and Tobago
- 2013 – Arlene Villaroel-Stuart, Trinidad and Tobago
CARIBBEAN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY AWARD
An Award to an Industry Partner that has shown outstanding continued service and support to Pharmacy and the betterment of healthcare in the Caribbean Region.
- 2017 – Apotex, Canada
- 2016 – Health 2000, Canada
- 2015 – GP Labs, United Kingdom
- 2014 – Knox Pharmaceuticals, United Kingdom
- 2013 – UltraPharm Ltd, Trinidad and Tobago
EXECUTIVE RECOGNITION AWARD – NEW!
An Award to honors a past or current member of the Executive Committee who has excelled in the Pharmacy profession, and is highly respected by his/her peers. The individual must be a strong supporter of CAP as well as his/her local professional body. He/ She should have an enviable Continuing Educational attendance record.